Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Katlyn's Greenhouse weekend


Weekend practical April 4, 5, 6

Friday: Friday was not as nice as id like for it to be this time of year, it was very rainy and cold. I was at the Cuddy Gardens bright and early. Everyone had CLT in the morning but me, I was in the hoop house taking down the white poly. I worked on the poly until I couldn’t reach anymore. I then moved onto cone flowers. My job was to go through all the annual plants in the hoop house to weed them and pitch the ones that were bad. As I was going along with the cone flowers, I noticed a lot were bad Pascoe says it was because of our super cold long winter. In the afternoon I went to rock my CLT stations.

Saturday: Johnny helped me with the rest of the poly in the morning. Things went a lot faster with two people. My partner didn’t care to help me out this weekend so I was flying solo. Once the poly was off and wrapped into little bundles I continued with the annuals. I took breaks in between annuals, I cleaned up the mouse traps and disposed of them properly and I also took in the trees and shrubs that we did our pruning test on. Then back to annuals I had a lot to still do but I was determined to get it done.

Sunday: Sunday fun day, nah just kidding more like work as hard as I possibly can to get all the jobs done on time. Started off with finishing the one side of annuals I did yesterday. Once those were done I started to walk around to add osmocote to all pots. I did that until the bag ran out and I didn’t want to open the other stuff until I got the okay from Lucas. Until then I went into the other poly house to do a little clean up (sweep, and found a little friend, a MOUSE) unfortantly I was unable to work in that house this weekend. It was hard to get all the jobs done by myself but I tried my hardest. Back to the annuals I go, they really feel like they are never ending. I got the okay to use the 14-14-14 osmocote to finish off the rest of the annuals and I am happy to say that they all got fed! Cut back some grasses and found another dead mouse, of course I screamed like a little girl, I eventually cleaning it up.

The weekend was quite eventful, very busy, and hot. I was happy with all the things I finished and how clean the poly house is.

New growth selfie !

 

No comments:

Post a Comment