Friday, June 29, 2012




June 25th - June 29th
    Weeding went through the entire week. On the very first day, Nate and I (Sijia) worked on the Perennial Border, and we did it quickly and finished it nicely. After that, we got own tasks and worked separately. I weeded at the Prairie Border, Rose Garden, Lower Garden. During the hot days, it's very crucial to water the thirsty plants. This includes recently planted trees, shrubs and annuals. The most special thing for me was Lucas taught me a new skill "dead-heading". Now, I can definitely apply it! 
    For hard working Nate, he finished some plantings, such as the awesome Taxus hedge as well as cut lawns. Today we installed slow release watering bags on our newly planted trees to ensure they are soaked during the long weekend. 
    I had a wonderful experience at Cuddy and it was nice to work here. 
Acanthus hungaricus
Clematis Hagley hybrid
   
One of our handy watering bags at work


No comments:

Post a Comment