Friday, August 23, 2013


            Well, it’s the last week of the summer work term for us lucky gardeners here at Fanshawe. Eric Stacey here to say that it has been an awesome summer working with great people! I feel very privileged to have had such an amazing opportunity to work at both the college and at Cuddy’s. To the staff and my co-workers, I say thanks and I am looking forward to the promising year ahead!
 
           This week has flown by. Monday, while Lucas was on a holiday, Dave Comfort and I had set out to do a quick clean-up after giving all the thirsty plants a drink. We cleaned and organized tools and plants in and around the hoop house. We were pleased to see a familiar face stop in for a visit. It was Jack, who we all miss so much already!
Tuesday was an exciting day on our road trip to Whistling Gardens and RBG. We all piled into vans and had a great time enjoying the remarkable Whistling Gardens and the shear amazement of RBG. With a day of grass cutting ahead on wednesday, I took in as much enjoyment as possible.
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 




On Thursday, Lucas, Dave and I went to Lucas’ hometown of Parkhill to install a garden bed for The Parkhill Anago Therapeutic Care Residence. It surrounds an arbor in tribute to Rob Chilvers, a Teacher and a special friend to the BEE. The job went well and it looks great!
 
In closing, I would like to thank the wonderful staff at Fanshawe and all my fellow co-workers for making this summer fun, informative and inspiring. Best of luck to everyone in the upcoming year!  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment