Friday, July 13, 2012


Hello again, Pedro reporting in from the lovely Cuddy garden. I have spent another week here and enjoyed the beautiful and quite surroundings. My week has been exciting as always! Lucas was away at the college for a couple days leaving Nate and I in charge. We have been busy turning over the large pile of compost and spreading some into areas slated to become new garden beds next year. As well as spreading out the compost, Nate and I also mulched the newly planted Taxus hedge bordering  the woodland garden. Today I was very excited about learning how to use the Walker zero turn mower! That little yellow speed demon can zip around corners and garden beds like no ones business. Lucas and I seeded the area along side the tool shed which was damaged by the construction next door.
Here are some pictures of plants in the rock garden in bloom this week!

This amazing small (2mm)flower is from Origanum x suendermannii which is in the Lamiaceae family.
Clinopodium arkansanum is another small beauitful bloom in the rock garden. Origanum and Clinopodium are in the same family!
Campanula 'Hilltop Snow' 
I really enjoy how small these flowers are, and yet you notice them from over 20 feet away! The rock garden is my favourite place here at Cuddy's. This is my final post on this blog for the summer and I really wish I could stay forever!
That's all for this week folks! Keep safe and make sure your plants get a lot of water during this drought!

No comments:

Post a Comment